Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Running With the Shadows of the Night

Vampires... so hot right now.


Since I was a wee girl I have had a love affair with Vampires. I was 13 years old in 1987. That was when this began...


(one of the things that would be carried out of my house in case of fire, this photo was pre-Haim signature which it now has, thankfully!)
















My dad took me to see "The Lost Boys", and like I mentioned this was the year I turned 13. It was all over. The poster pictured above is the second of it's kind I have owned. The first my brother Nick bought me for Xmas that year. This one I bought off eBay. I danced around when I won it. Then danced a little more when it was signed "your one of us now" SQUEEEEE!!

who cares the grammar is wrong. I still had to keep my shit together when that happened. No one likes a adult acting like a teenager. But that is what I felt like.

There were lots of vampire movies during the 80's and 90's



OHHAI BILL PAXTON!! YOUR DIRECTOR JUST WON AN OSCAR!


















"Near Dark" was one of the best ones. But also see "To Die For" both parts one and two. Which are perfect examples of bad movie brilliance.





Then the 90's brought us Buffy or as I like to call it THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION EVER AND FOREVER.











I don't know why I tried to deny it. This show also brought me to some of the best people I have met in my life, both from the show and because of the show. I hate to say one thing changed my life but Buffy did. It brought me into the world of fandom. Which is a scary horrible place, but some of us cool kids hang out in the back of the bus and make fun of the rest of y'all

Now did anyone see this coming from when I was a young child? Probably not. No one should be shocked though.

My mom hates when I say I lived in the basement when I was a kid, but I did. I had a room but it was made in the corner of the basement. I LOVED THAT ROOM. (and it would have been the best room ever when I was a teenager, but we moved before that). I was never a good sleeper and always kinda liked scary movies and such. I guess I was destined to be a weird kid in all black from a young age.

Like I stated at the beginning of this vampires are totally hot right now. It's ok with me because with every Twilight Sparkle-pire there is "Let the Right One In" With every "Vampire Diaries" (yes, I watch it) there is"True Blood" (seriously is it June yet).

One final thought before I go to bed...



THAT will never NOT be hot.

No comments:

vistors

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers