Thursday, June 18, 2009

Part of the problem not the solution

So as some people may be aware I work as a Customer Service Rep at a company that may rhyme with BomBast. I KNOW you all hate them and I KNOW all the other things you are going to say. And no I can not give you things for free.

People are nasty. I know cable is expensive. I paid (a lot) for it once upon a time. But REALLY! Is it so important that you need to threaten my life and well being because of it?

I have had my life and the life of my never to be born children threatened. People who hope I lose MY job so I know "what it is like"

It usually goes like this...

Annoying Customer: It is ridiculous how much I pay for cable
Me: well, your monthly bill also includes your internet and phone
AC: IT'S TOO MUCH AND YOUS PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND I DESERVE A DISCOUNT FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER GIVE ME ONE NOW!!!!!
Me: currently you have a discount already in a bundle promo that gives you about $50-60 off the regular rates of the services
AC: I NEED MORE. THERE ARE OPTIONS NOW. DON'T YOU VALUE ME AS YOUR CUSTOMER???!!
(I do need to point out that usually the customer is talking in a tone that does require I use all caps)
Me: What would you like to have for service?
AC: Exactly what I have now
Me: What we can do is look into another bundle that would reduce the cost but would not
A interrupting C: I DON'T WANT TO TAKE AWAY ANYTHING I NEED ALL THE PAY CHANNELS AND HOW CAN MY CHILDREN LIVE WITH OUT NOGGIN???!!
Me: Then the pricing you have is the best for you.
AC: THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. YOU KNOW IN THESE ECONOMIC TIMES YOU THING YOU WOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Me: We do that is why we can downgrade service into another promo
AC: CABLE IS SRS BUSINESS AND THAT OTHER COMPANY WANTS MY BUSINESS AND THEY CARE.


And it goes like this EVERY day. Aren't you excited I decided to share?

Things I would like to tell people and don't:
You can spend time with your children
Read a book
Learn that the phase "Yous people" makes you sound ignorant
Look up the word "promotion" in the dictionary
Get a job at the cable company, that is what I did the last time I lost my job.
Go outside it's a beautiful day

No comments:

vistors

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers